PURSE FAVORITES: Remember September
I have to apologize for having no PURSE FAVORITES post the past few months, but that's because I didn't stick to a certain set of products up until September. It would be foolish to post a "purse favorites" blog when I really didn't have one, so I figured, better that I not lie to myself for the sake of blog compliance.
But like I said, last September, I committed myself to a set of products I purposively selected for this simple reason: value for money. I realized that I don't use my high-end cosmetics as much as my drugstore makeups because I fear to use my high-end cosmetics too soon--but the irony is, they will only go to waste if I don't use them so for the sake of truly enjoying value for money, I swore to use the following high-end cosmetics for the month of September. If you wish to know more about the products listed below, read after the jump!
If you want to win high-end cosmetics, you should also read after the jump.
1. Benefit Instant Brow Pencil -possibly the best brown eyebrow pencil out there!
2. Benefit BadGal Brown mascara* -not so happy with this. I expected more from a mascara.
3. Maybelline 2-in-1 Eye Studio liner in Gold -Maybelline eyeliners are definitely great buys! I love using this particular liner to dot a little hint of color on my inner eye corner.
4. Guerlain Eyeliner in Black* -difficult to use, but this liner gives an intense black, always.
5. Benefit Cream Shadow in Birthday Suit -really wonderful on its own or as an eyeshadow base especially when using nudes and earthy eyeshadows!
6. Guerlain Illuminating and Correcting Concealer Duo* -great pair! I especially love the correcting concealer because it's the perfect beige for my skin tone. It perfectly hides my blemishes and any form of redness on my face,
7. Shiseido Pore Refining Foundation* -this is an amazing liquid foundation! Very light yet covers flawlessly!
8. Laura Mercier Golden Pink Creme Blush -one of my favorite golden pink blushes. This is great to achieve that dewy just-pinched flush.
9. Chanel Le Blanc Makeup Remover -stings the eye like crazy, but very effective!
10. Revlon Tweezers -not really perfect but does its job.
11. Christian Dior Rouge 264 -for the wallflowers that has a lovely story to tell. The color of this lipstick is very creamy and light, not for those who loves bright lippies, but perfect for those who want softness for the lips.
12. Human Heart Nature Natural Lip Balm in Peppermint -all natural moisturizing lip balm doesn't have that distinguishing mentholated cool feeling you would expect from a peppermint lip balm, but isn't sticky and is really wonderful at its job!
13. Lady Butterfly Blotting Paper (featured here) -a very important must-have that I'm surely emptying out this month, boo hoo
14. Cargo Cosmetics Spring 2012 Cosmetic Pouch (from Apothica.com) -a very pretty cosmetic pouch that is compact, pretty, classy and functional! Yes, it perfectly fits all 15 items listedon this post.
15. Guerlain Eyeshadow Quad Bronze Dore 481* -one of the easiest to use eyeshadow palettes I own, this one can go from very natural day to smokey sexy at night. The mix of nudes, bronze and greens make this palette perfect for the Filipina skin tone even.
To bring home your own high-end pieces, don't forget to join my birthday giveaway (who can resist high-end lipsticks?!)
Click on the image below to join. You may also simply visit this link.