NOTES: Resolutions and Awards
Just a quick post to share with you guys how I intend to celebrate Nov.1. Since, ironically, we don't visit anyone during this day (don't ask why, IDK), I figured it should be the best day to celebrate the living instead--and with living are new seasons that call for resolutions.
I know, I know, resolutions are nothing if unkept; but I like making resolutions because these little lists serve as guidelines/mental notes which are very helpful in keeping me grounded, focused and in track.
Here are 5 beauty resolutions I'd like to get myself started with (so come 2012, these won't be resolutions anymore, but habits)
1. THROW AWAY OLD MAKE-UP. Today, I actually just parted with a lot of my make-up (mostly un-maximized :( sadly enough...) and some nail polish (mostly thick already and would be a pain to use). I know there are a lot of resources dictating the shelf life of a product, and I would discuss that separately with my tips on keeping track--but here's a sidenote from someone who once again freed herself from so much unused make-up gunk--it's liberating!
If you're trying to save money, I know I am, keeping this resolution strictly can serve as a reminder not to overshop--since overshopping would only mean an increase in your money gone to waste.
2. MAINTAIN CLEAN BRUSHES. As many of you should know by now, I'm a brush-addict and I can't even begin how although I love my brushes, I hate the fact that the more brushes I use, the more I have to clean. Although I hardly use an unwashed brush (since I rotate a lot and I am uneasy with the idea of using a dirty brush--especially for "for liquid" brushes), I decided to include this in my resolution because as much as I only use clean brushes, since I have so many brushes to rotate, sometimes I end up waiting for more than a week just to clean brushes. I think I should always remember that the longer I leave my beauty tools exposed, the higher the likeliness that it'd serve as breeding ground for bacteria--ew.
3. DRINK MORE WATER--AND SWEAT IT OUT. I love water and was never one of those who find drinking water as boring so I guess this'd come easy. I just have to lessen the coffee-lunches and increase my daily H20, remembering that water is equal to beautiful glowing and well-hydrated skin.
I went biking earlier tonight too and I enjoyed it a lot. Since during Christmas season, the breeze is unbeatable, I should take advantage and sweat it out too--think sexy thighs. Here's a shortlist of water health benefits.
4. MAINTAIN CLEAN NAILS. I have always been the girl with brittle nails, so I hardly bother. But I figured it's about time I care for my tips--maybe then they'd improve. Clean nails are also very professional so if I want to be taken seriously, nails are included in the package. Here's a nice wikihow article on cleaning thy nails..
5. READ AT LEAST ONE BOOK A MONTH. I feel like having the "I've been busy" excuse is not enough. My mind has to keep up. If I'm in an effort to keep my face, skin, hair, etc beautiful... my mind should be nourished too. :)
How about you, what are your resolutions?
Always smile! :)
Sorry it took a long while, but here's my reponse to Yin's Versatile Blogger award for me. :D Thanks again girl.
1. Thank the person who gave you the award.
2. Tell 7 random things about you.
3. Nominate 10 other people.
I USED TO MAKE "POSTCARDS" AS A HOBBY.
I DON'T KNOW HOW TO DIVE.
I AM PRO-EQUALITY BUT I TRY TO KEEP FUNNY ABOUT IT--ALTHOUGH SOMETIMES SOME ATTACKS ARE FULL ON OFFENSIVE AND HURTFUL.
I HAVE SO MANY ACCOUNTS--CYBER AND FLESH--AND I CAN'T REMEMBER MY PASSWORDS EVEN IF MY LIFE DEPENDED ON IT. I RELY ON PASSWORD RECOVERY BIG TIME.
I'M ALWAYS TRYING TO SAVE MONEY... IT'S JUST THAT I SPEND IMPULSIVELY, I FAIL. :(
I OWNED ZERO CONVERSE IN MY LIFE. LOL
I SCREAM A LOT WHEN WATCHING HORROR/THRILLER MOVIES.
I would like to tag the following bloggers--which I newly followed:
I know not a lot of bloggers accept awards and tag challenges but I used to ignore these things too, now I find them as pleasant distractions. If any of you would be doing this, please leave me a comment on the link so I can get-to-know you 7-things-randomly.