PURSE FAVORITES: June Shimmer
In an effort to keep this webpage more personal/intimate and less commercial (because that's the direction of my blog for my second yr -- ah yes , LovingSunshine is turning two this July! And I figured, I should do something to ensure that I will not be tempted to sell out); I will be sharing a MONTHLY "What's in my bag" post. Pretty much, it'd be like the MONTHLY FAVORITES you see other bloggers do, only that I would focus on products I truly use heavily and carry around all the time. For this section, allow me to call it my Purse Favorites. :) Read more after the jump!
I will keep a mental note of maintaining a post every mid-Month so I have enough time to switch things up month after month. For June, let me share with you the contents of my new handy-dandy green mesh pouch from Garnier Philippines. :)
1. Human Heart Nature Mineral Pressed Powder in Island Shell -- this is my all time favorite pressed powder. It leaves my skin shine-free and soft to the touch. It doesn't clog pores and it doesn't cake at all!
2. Clean & Clear Oil Control Film -- having an oily T-zone is not a huge problem if you keep an oil control film with you at all costs! Mine is a bit battered and I'm considering using a calling card case as an oil control film holder... but not so sure yet, what do you think of the idea?
3. Pixi Energy Blush -- this is a very nice pink blusher and I love that it comes with its own fan brush. I reviewed this blusher here.
4. Rouge Automatic Lipstick* -- nothing adds a revitalizing and energized aesthetic to a face than bright red lipstick. I also use this lipstick as a creme blush whenever I feel like looking a bit more flushed than the usual. Read more about this product here.
5. Oral-B Satin Floss -- while some people feel naked leaving the house without a pair of earrings, I feel crippled without my dental floss!
6. Majolica Majorca Eyeshadow* -- this is a very subtle hint of glitter for the eyes. I also use this very same eyeshadow as a highlighter. I swipe a little on my cheek bones and I end up looking like a glitter-freckled doll. It's a quirky make-up technique I've been using on a daily basis lately.
7. O.N.E. Naturals Honey Cream Lip Balm -- this by far is the sweetest lip balm I have lying around. Like my body, my lips get a lot dryer when the climate's cold so I use an ultra-hydrating lip balm to prevent sore and chapped lips. Surprisingly, I also found out that this very lip balm may be used as a cuticle cream. I found that out by accident! Because the lip balm looks a whole lot like Burt's Bees Lemon Cuticle Cream, I made such a pleasant discovery! Lip balm as cuticle cream sounds odd but it's super effective!
8. Clinique Face Mist in Etude House Atomizer -- my friend Krystal sent me a Clinique facial spray and it arrived right on time. I just bought this super cute atomizer from Etude House and I transferred said facial spray on the cute bottle and brought it with me for an instant skin perk anytime I wish.
9. Etude House Over the Rainblusher Cheek Color and Highlighting Powder -- I am in love with this product. Ever since I got this, it never left my side. It's such a delightful piece of color and it does wonders in making me look rested.
June is a pretty erratic month for my skin because of the changing season so to keep my skin from looking dull and flaky, I focus on giving it an iridescent sheen. :) The products shown in the photo above makes it so much easier to get by days of dullness.
How about you? What product or products can't you live without this month? Share through the comments please.
Don't forget to join my ongoing giveaways. Links are on the top right sidebar. Cheers!
Think bright. Smile a lot. :)